Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Lion King and more visitors

At the end of February, Matt took me to see the Lion King broadway play at the Boston Opera House. We saw Dirty Dancing there last February! He got me the tickets for my birthday and the show was absolutely amazing!!! The most incredible part (a surprise to both of us) was that our seats were on the front row!!! If anyone has a chance to see this play, you will not regret going!!! Then in March, we had a last minute visit from my good friend Anna. We went to college together, but I moved to Boston and she moved to Denver so we hadn't seen eachother since my wedding day almost 2 years ago! It was so great to catch up with her. We had a wonderful time. We toured the city, went on a Sam Adams Brewery Tour and ate some delicious food! Unfortunately I only took picture from her visit. Then Easter weekend, Matt's good friend John and his wife Ali came to visit! We last saw them at their wedding in October in San Diego. And on top of that, they are expecting their first daughter! It was so fun to spend time with them! We of course toured them around the city, and then we took a trip north up to Portland, ME. We made a few stops on the way. The funniest thing that happened from that trip is that there was a topless march in Portland! Apparently it is not illegal for women to go topless in Maine and every now and again some really unattractive women like to flaunt this fact. I read that they call it "equal opportunity toplessness" and say that it should draw no more attention than a man with his shirt off. I'll tell you what, everyone that I saw was trying their best NOT to notice. We only had the misfortune of accidentally eyeing one of these "marchers". Gross and don't worry there are no pictures of that!!! As you can see from the last picture, spring was in full bloom for Easter!











No comments: