Friday, August 3, 2012

July

July has been a busy month!  Two weeks after Hannah turned one we discovered that she had a urinary tract infection.  She had been having fevers and just wasn't getting any better.  Our poor baby was miserable and was not acting like her happy self!  She even stopped her progress in walking.  We were very worried about her, but very relieved to find out that it was an infection that was very treatable!!  Once better from that, we had one week before heading down to Atlanta, where my mom was going to keep Hannah while Matt and I went to Washington D.C. on his work trip.  We completely stopped nursing that week and Hannah did great!  She still will not drink much milk, but really has not skipped a beat in the weaning process.  We left Indianapolis on Friday and spent the night in Nashville.  Our dear friends the Radbills had us over for dinner.  It was wonderful to catch up with them and spend time with their sweet family. Then we were able to get lunch with Chris Bowen and his baby Phoebe on our way down to Atlanta on Saturday.  Matt and I left a crying Hannah on Sunday morning, but were happy to hear that she perked right up!!!  Hannah had an awesome time with Grandmama and Grandaddy!   My sister and nieces came down too, so Hannah was busy busy playing with her cousins!  Matt and I had a good time in D.C.  He was in meetings most of the time, but we had great dinners together and an afternoon to spend sightseeing.  One day I went into the city and caught up with my best friend from high school.  As this trip was our first time away from Hannah, it was very strange for me.  As I went to meet my friend, I had a little bit of time to kill, so I walked around an art museum.  It was the strangest feeling being completely alone, not having a little one to keep up with or feeling the need to rush home to her.  It was a fun trip and nice to have some time alone, but I definitely missed my little sidekick!!!

Hannah was so funny when we got home.  She looked at me, and then kept playing patty-cake with Grandmama.  Then she looked at me again, started to smile, but appeared very unsure if I was really there!  She finally came to me, and then kept touching my face and smiling.  It was adorable!!!  We spent the remainder of the week/weekend at my parent's lake house at Lake Lanier.  It was so fun!!!  Hannah had a great time riding on the boat, but was not too exciting about swimming in the lake.  I think being around my nieces was a good influence on Hannah because she started walking like a pro while we were gone!!  And she has not stopped yet!!!!  She is definitely on the move and not slowing down anytime soon!!!  Hannah also learned how to bark like a dog.  Everytime she sees a dog (or any brown animal in books), she makes the cutest doggy sound.  She is just full of personality and is so talkative!!!  When we got home, we only had about a week and a half of July left!!!  We went to the pool one day, and Hannah LOVED all of the fountains.  We had our friends Josh and Jenny in town for a weekend, and then it was already August!

Time is just flying by, but we are having a blast with our baby girl!!!

Hannah's First Ride on a Carousel!  She wasn't quite brave enough to get on an animal, so we are sitting on a bench.

Hannah's friend Jay came by for a quick visit (The Smith's moved in June, and we miss them bunches!!)



Hannah and Jack Radbill....I think this is way past BOTH of their bedtimes!!  

Matt and his bro at the WWII monument in D.C.

Hannah all tuckered out with Grandaddy while we were away.

Our big girl playing in Grandmama's kitchen again while we were away


Loving the boat!

Sleepy on the boat

We stopped in Nashville on our way back home to see Gail and Maggie who were visiting Gail's parents!

Precious Maggie


I think Hannah looks like such a big girl here!!  We were out to lunch with Josh and Jenny before the Tim/Kenny concert.



No comments: