Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Super Bowl Week

As I'm sure you all know, the super bowl was here in Indy this year!  It was a super fun week!  Most of the week we had temperatures in the 60s, so that was an awesome break from winter for us!  One day Hannah and I went out for a nice a walk and we stopped at a little park near house to see how Hannah liked the swing!  As you will see from the following videos, she LOVED it!!!  On Thursday of that week, my friend Rachel and I took our babies and went for a walk down to the super bowl village.  They blocked off 3 or so blocks of streets for a little outdoor party!  There were curbside bars, people everywhere, concerts, food trucks, ziplines, ice sculptures and more!  It was a beautiful day and we really enjoyed the 2 mile walk from our house and getting to see all of the action down town.  Matt was out of town most of the week leading up to the super bowl, so he didn't get to see any of it until Saturday when we headed down to go to the NFL Experience. It was CRAZY!!  It was a really neat place to be and I'm glad we "experienced" it, but the lines were outrageous (we waiting 1.5 hours to kick a fieldgoal, both of us missed, and that's the only experience we participated in).  But it was the first nasty day all week with temperatures in the 40s and raining, so we were glad to be inside.  Hannah took great naps in the stroller so that was good.  Then in the afternoon we went out into the village and met up with friends Steve and Sarah.  A couple of Matt's superiors from work were in town for the big game, so we met up with them for a bit too.  We are so thankful that Hannah slept warm, cozy, and dry inside her stroller.  Matt and I were a little bit under dressed, so we were wet and cold!  We then headed home to have our friends from down the street over for dinner.  Hannah was excited to have her little friend Jay over a while.  Matt and I usually have pretty uneventful weekends, but we decided to go all out on Superbowl weekend, because if our nonstop Saturday wasn't enough, we had our community group over for a superbowl party on Sunday!!  It was fun and it I had a good time using some of my serving dishes that I had never used before!  I made meatballs, guacamole, pigs N a blanket, and cheeseburger eggrolls!  To get the eggroll wrappers, I had to go to this asian supermarket, and when asking a lady who worked there where the wrappers were, she asked me what I was making.  I tried to simply keep it at "eggrolls", but then she questioned me further, "like vegetable or seafood", and I said, "no, beef, cheese, and onion".  She looked at me like I was a CRAZY American.  Which I guess I am!!  

These 2 videos are from Hannah's first time in a swing!  We went by the park while on a walk one of the nice days at the beginning of the week.  She absolutely LOVED it!!!


These next few are from the Super Bowl Village on Thursday before the game.
Hannah and I are the tiny speck by the E
And ice sculpture of the Indianapolis skyline
Hannah and Jay hanging out while Rachel and I ate lunch

This set of pictures is from the Saturday before the big game, when Matt and I went down to the NFL Experience
Hotel where the Patriots were staying






Hannah chillin at the 30 yard line while her Daddy attempts a field goal!

No comments: