Friday, March 9, 2012

Utah and the Bug

Matt had the opportunity at the end of last year to earn mega points with his travelling, and earned 3 free nights at ANY Hilton property in the world.  So, we decided to take advantage and booked a trip to the Waldorf Astoria in Park City, UT to do a little skiing.  It was an awesome trip and it added 1 new state to my list, and 2 new ones to Hannah's list with a layover in Colorado.  Hannah has now been to 12 states in her short 8.5 month life!  Our accommodations were outstanding as they upgraded us to a 1 bedroom apartment with 2 baths, a full kitchen, and washer/dryer!  It was a treat to stay a few nights in the lap of luxury (for free)!!   Hannah even got a pretty fancy port-a-crib to sleep in! Matt and I had a great time skiing!  We skied a total of 3 days, the first two at Deer Valley Resort, and the last at The Canyons.  Deer Valley was my favorite, but I think a lot of that was the fact that those were our best weather days!  It was really awesome to be skiing in 45-50 degree weather, when the last time I skied in New England it was around 9 degrees!  I think that I am getting better and more comfortable on the slopes, but I definitely still take my time on steep hills!  Hannah stayed at the day care facilities that they have at the bottom of the mountain, and did surprisingly well.  She had times of fussiness, but took great naps and ate well for the day care workers.  It was an awesome trip for our little family.

The downside to the daycare was that Hannah caught a little bug.  On our way home I noticed that her head felt pretty warm, so once we got home I took her temperature and she had a very slight fever.  I gave her tylenol, and then she seemed better for the next two days.  Then her appetite really nosedived and for the last week she has been VERY uninterested in food.  I even think she's lost a little weight.  But, she is still nursing fine, and some days has increased nursing.  So, we have experienced our first little fever and sickness with her. Luckily, she has continued to be her sweet, playful self for the most part!

Unfortunately, I didn't take many pictures, but here are a few.


Our Luggage Cart when arriving to the airport!  What you can't see here is Hannah's umbrella stroller, a large back pack, a cooler bag, and you can only see part of the ski bag at the bottom.

These next few pictures are just some scenic pictures from our days at Deer Valley Resort





These next few are of Hannah and I on the Gondola ride from the slopes back to the hotel on our last day!  Hannah was soooo happy to be finished with daycare!!!







No comments: